Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Doom, Gloom & Quarantine

Ive been saving this blog in bits and pieces and its finally time to spill.

I admit.
While a majority of America was probably tuned it to watch President Obama last night I was NOT.

I had so many other things on my mind than this Economic Crisis, Money and Lost Jobs.
I was thinking more along the lines of Lost lives and disinfectant.

Although I am sure what he had to say was important it wasn't as important in my mind as the news I have been receiving on a daily basis about very sick loved ones, dying friends of family and family of friends. Cancer, Malignant Brain Tumors, Losing Babies before their delivered, Leukemia, Breast Cancer, Surgeries....This month turned into quite a difficult month. Thankfully, it is almost over and I am determined that March will be 200% better. I am not comfortable with publishing all of the people's names, but please keep praying for all of those that are sick and for those that we have lost over the past few weeks.

Not only was I mentally distracted last night BUT I was disinfecting every square inch of our house. Around 11 AM Philip came home feeling very ill. He was confined to the bonus room. I went to check in on him around 3 PM and found him like this....(like a little Taco, wrapped up in a mattress pad with a dollop of sour cream on top "Bella") Philip is always warm and always kicks the covers off so this was a sight to be seen and at this point I KNEW he was really sick.



He quickly cancelled his business trip to Myrtle and Charleston and skipped his night class. Philip has been quarantined to his parents house for at least the next few days with the FLU. Unfortunately somehow Philip forgot to get his flu shot this year and is quite a sick boy. The boy who only gets sick once every two years is sick.

Pregnant lady is FREAKING out. I mean panicking. I can't get sick. I can't take most medications. I've only taken one regular strength Tylenol in 6+ months. Medications are not part of this pregnancy. As I mentioned earlier I have heard some real and unfortunate stories lately about pregnant mom's catching viruses and passing them on to their babies. Unfortunately the babies didn't make it. This is enough to scare the crap out of me. I know I know... call me paranoid, but I am NOT a good patient and I already have a weak immune system due to my
Chron's Disease.

Yes, we both have jobs - thankfully!
Yes, the economy is going to get worse before it get's better
Yes, people unfortunately die every day
I get it. I know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

So...who has some great news for me?

ps. Please spare me the sickness.

2 comments:

  1. good news...okay...keelyn had her 1 yr well check today and is healthy as healthy can be. 50th percentile, strong, and smart. made my day, anyway. sorry stuff is shitty...i've had some of that lately too...much more than i have divulged to the blogging world. hugs to you...and to philip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so this may not sound like big news, but for me it's very exciting.....I passed my glucose test! I failed the first one when I was pregnant with Lane and had to do the 3 hour fasting test (d r a g).
    So I'm thrilled to have passed the first time this time! Off to the chocolate I go! I hope Philip feels better soon. Sounds like he's on his way to recovery!

    ReplyDelete