Monday, February 16, 2009

The Pregnant Brain

6 months & 24 weeks.... where has the time gone....or more like where has my mind gone?

Today was the day where I finally wanted to throw my hands up to the pregnant gods and say, "You got me!" I had my first major pregnant moment. I swore that today was the day we had our 6 month check up. Philip even questioned it because it wasnt on his calendar and I am pretty good about sending him all of our appointments or commitments via outlook. I should've listened to him. I has CONVINCED myself the appointment was today. Did I look ahead to next Monday? NOPE. I showed up at the office at 4:15 on the dot. Philip drove 40 minutes from work to meet me.

It went a little something like this, "Ma'am what is your name again...?" (This isnt abnormal since its a pretty big practice.) I spewed out my name excited for my appointment as always and ready to jump on the scale.... "Uh ma'am, we dont have you down for today..." Dumbfounded I stood there. Trying to figure out what to say next....but I was speechless. I finally did it. I finally had a major pregnant opps moment. My appointment is next Monday, same time, same place.

I almost broke down right there in the office. Philip and I decided to make the most of our time together at 4:15 in the afternoon and eat away my sorrows across the street at Five Guys with a cheeseburger and french fries.

Oh boy, the emotional roller coaster has officially begun.

Belly Update: Everyone keeps saying I popped!? I thought I popped weeks ago but its great that everyone KNOWS I am pregnant now.

This week Philip and I actually saw Asher kicking on the outside for the first time. Both Mom's got to feel him kick as well! Lots of firsts this week! Let's hope I can piece my brain back together in time for work tomorrow. Oy vey!

4 comments:

  1. You think pregnancy brain is bad? try newborn baby brain. I have stories I could tell you... lets just say one of them involves me thinking I lost my keys in target.. only to figure out 30 minutes later they were in the car.. and it was still running!! LOL Dont worry you arent cray it happens to everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I love it. I never did stuff like that pre-kid either. I think it's hysterical. Welcome to the first step of slowly losing your mind in the best possible way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! There really is something to the phenomena of pregnant brain- It happens!!!! So write everything down in multiple places, because as Nicole said in the previous comment, it justs gets worse after they get here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so precious! Love you're bump.

    ReplyDelete