Most of you know who read this know that I am stubborn.
Cassidy knows this more than most people since we have known each other for over 15 years!
I have been whining and complaining about Bella and her problems for several YEARS. Yes YEARS. I love her with every bit of my heart but my heart aches for her and her problems all too often.
Cassidy kept telling me to get her thyroid checked. In passing I would ask the vet, "We've checked her thyroid right?" The response I would get was, "Yeah looks like it has been checked before..." So off we went to finally attempt a food trial for her presumed "Food allergies". Cassidy was persistent and mentioned getting her thyroid checked to me AGAIN. I finally decided to demand a thyroid test this week to confirm the status of her thyroid. Note: Cassidy's dad is a vet and she knows a lot of about this stuff.
Cassidy wins the award of the month in the Schreibman House.
Bella has a THYROID problem.
Most dogs T4 read should be between 1-4... they typically look for a 2 or 2 1/2.
Bella is lower than .7
Not only does this explain her hair loss and constant itching but it could explain so much more about Bella.... like anxiety, weight loss, accidents, bad behavior at times, lethargic, lazy.
Cassidy.... you know I love you, but today I love you A LATTE!
Bella is so thankful that I have a friend like you because her quality of life is about to double!
Cassidy knows this more than most people since we have known each other for over 15 years!
I have been whining and complaining about Bella and her problems for several YEARS. Yes YEARS. I love her with every bit of my heart but my heart aches for her and her problems all too often.
Cassidy kept telling me to get her thyroid checked. In passing I would ask the vet, "We've checked her thyroid right?" The response I would get was, "Yeah looks like it has been checked before..." So off we went to finally attempt a food trial for her presumed "Food allergies". Cassidy was persistent and mentioned getting her thyroid checked to me AGAIN. I finally decided to demand a thyroid test this week to confirm the status of her thyroid. Note: Cassidy's dad is a vet and she knows a lot of about this stuff.
Cassidy wins the award of the month in the Schreibman House.
Bella has a THYROID problem.
Most dogs T4 read should be between 1-4... they typically look for a 2 or 2 1/2.
Bella is lower than .7
Not only does this explain her hair loss and constant itching but it could explain so much more about Bella.... like anxiety, weight loss, accidents, bad behavior at times, lethargic, lazy.
Cassidy.... you know I love you, but today I love you A LATTE!
Bella is so thankful that I have a friend like you because her quality of life is about to double!
So glad she can get busy being healthy!!!
ReplyDeleteYay, Cassidy!!!! And yay, Bella and Renee! I'm so glad that you have diagnosed the problem and didn't have to put her through any more food withdrawals:)
ReplyDelete