Thursday, September 10, 2009

Nipple Confusion, What?

Who ever said my child would have nipple confusion is nuts.
This kid knows the real thing from the not so real thing.

HE HATES THE BOTTLE. From me, from Philip, from Softa, from Nana, from Nanny Debby.
Gags, Cries, Pushes it away, Freaks out.

I have tried several brands.
Gags, Cries, Pushses it away, Freaks out.

I guess I should take it as a compliment that I am not only needed but wanted.
He would rather starve than drink from a bottle these days.
Although if you saw him you woulld think, "he could stand to starve a little".
Kid is a house.

Photos from the beach to follow, but I had to get this off my chest.

ps. I have been trying to bottle feed him since the day we got back from the hospital. I'm not guilty.

5 comments:

  1. Taylor only wanted a bottle. I pumped every three hours and then fed her by bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer. we had no problem at all when we were switching back and forth between bottle and breast. sorry it's not going well! i don't really have any advice but we use the playtex wide nursers. hope he gets the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! My two never had nipple confusion either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vaden didn't take a bottle well either... until he was older-- like in the 4-6 month range. And he still didn't take it well until my supply dwindled. And then he DOWNED it.
    Cana will take a bottle on occasion, so that's helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. William wasnt a bottle taker either... we ended up switching nipples and putting a little sugar water on the nipple to getting him to take it (worked at about 3.5 mo). also, he liked the milk warmer than I thought. Will liked the latex nipples (since they were softer...more like mom, i guess), but we have since switched to the silicone (more readily available and you dont have throw them out after a few months). Try a different nipple, warming it up a little more, and the sugar water. We only had to use the sugar water a few times until he got the hang of it. Good luck --- it will work eventually!

    ReplyDelete