I am not one to usually ask, but I know a handful of people read this blog and the more people on our side the better.
My mom's best friend.
My 2nd mom.
Is in intensive care.
My parents immediately left for Texas to be by her side Saturday when they were contacted by Lisa and Steven, Cathy's children with the news. She was in a terrible ATV accident while vacationing with Lenny (her husband) at their time share in Cabo San Lucas this week.
Her ATV fell on top of her and crushed her face/skull. She was wearing a helmet and goggles.
She had immediate surgery to relieve the swelling on her brain in Cabo and was airlifted on a life flight back to Fort Worth where she lives (where I was born).
She is currently stable and somewhat responsive (can squeeze your hand) at this current time, on a ventilator and they are still draining the fluid off her brain. She has shattered her entire right eye socket and part of her skull in addition to many other fractures and displacements throughout her face and skull.
She has many surgeries ahead of her to reconstruct her face.
She is unrecognizable.
We need your prayers.
Please pray that she will make it through her upcoming surgeries.
Please pray that her temperature will go down and they will be able to take her off her ventilator this week. Please pray that her family and our family will stay strong and be able to support her through what lies ahead. Please pray that each day will bring about new healing. Please pray for her life.
Cathy is family to us and will always be a "mom" to me
Oh, how scary! Jamie, Dad, Kyle, and Nick rode ATV's when we were in Cabo a couple years ago. I knew they were dangerous, but never dreamed something like this could happen. We'll be praying!
ReplyDeleteI am SO sorry to hear that..How terrible... I will pray for her and her family..
ReplyDeleteoh man I'm so sorry Renee. That is so scary, we'll definitely be praying for her.
ReplyDeletei will pray for her for sure! that sounds awful.
ReplyDelete