104
Asher's rectal temperature at 9:45 AM Friday, October 23rd.
My response....panic!
Thankfully Poppy was at the house watching Asher for the morning since the Nanny was out sick. Sick with a respiratory infection
He wrapped Asher up in cool towels in effort to lower
his body temperature while I frantically called the pediatrician.
I could barely get my words out to the receptionist as
Asher was shrilling in the background.
.8 mL of Tylenol at 9:50 AM.
..please work.
...faster
...praying the pediatrician calls back NOW
In the meantime I nursed him to calm him.
45 minutes after Tylenol fever dropped to 103.
Passed him off to Poppy so I could wrap up some work and let them know the situation
Screaming in the background...
shrilling make your eyes water up listening to the sound type of shrill
My baby was in pain.
Silence.
Was he breathing?
What happened?
Stuck on the phone with boss man.
Ugh. This mommy stuff hurts your heart.
Off the phone. Checked on Poppy with Asher.
They both fell asleep.
This is what I found.

One second he was screaming the next he was asleep.
That is what 104 does to a 4 1/2 month old.
Pediatrician called. Bring him in at 11:50a.
Full work up. Lots of questions, Oxygen Level normal, Urine Sample, 4 Tubes of blood which took 45 minutes to draw.
Babies have veins that wiggle like a worm. Watching this jacked my anxiety level up 200%..
CBC Normal, Urine blood free but going off for a culture.
Waiitng on Flu Titer and Blood Culture.
Temporary Conclusion. Possible reaction to Pertussis. Just like his momma 28 years ago.
Updates to follow...
That picture of your dad is the sweetest ever. How wonderful that he was there for you and Asher that morning.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a stressful day all around. I hope to goodness it's all over!
Praying for you. I know having a sick baby is no fun and UBER stressful!
ReplyDeleteSo glad it ended up not being serious!
ReplyDeletePoor guy! Love that your dad was there with you though. That picture of them both sleeping is priceless! Hope he's feeling better soon.
ReplyDelete