Monday, October 12, 2009

Sissy

Sissy is getting married on Saturday.
I cant believe the big day is almost here.
Its bittersweet for me. She is my one and only sister.
My little sissy...
formerly known as Loopy, Azile (her name backwards for when she was mean), Lizzy....

As I sat down to write my MATRON (how the heck did I become a matron...I feel so old!?) of honor speech I started reminiscing. I wont give away my speech but Eliza and I have a bond that is different than so many sister's. We can fight and argue with the best of them and we can love like their is no tomorrow. We are so different yet so alike. We are 2 1/2 years apart. As kids we were fairly different. Now that we are adults we are a lot more alike and I have to admit...I love it!
She is the only one in our family born in November. We are all March. We used to tease her that we found her in a trash can and felt sorry for her so we took her home (she didn't like this story too much as you can imagine). She never had doors on her closet growing up because she was afraid someone would hide in there and she checked under her bed every night to make sure ET wasn't under there. How can you not love that cuteness?
Eliza was an exceptional dancer in her youth. I always looked up to her in her sparkly and shiny costumes with a face full of make up and fake eye lashes. She knew how to turn it on when she hit the stage. I attended almost every dance competition she was in and loved watching her take home the SUPER 1st or Platinum trophy. I wasn't gifted with dancing feet like she was. I remember how proud I used to be as her sister.

Eliza loves attention. She always found a way to redirect a conversation so that she could talk or be heard. Always has and always will. We love her for this. She demands affection. Eliza was a very loving and touchy child....which was the opposite of me. The thought of being hugged gave me the hebby jeebies. She taught me how to be more compassionate and affectionate.

Eliza is special.
As you can tell she has a lot to offer to her husband and is going to be make quite a lovely wife. She is loving, sensitive, entertaining, talented, smart and beautiful. I still can't believe she is 25 and she is also getting married!? I guess I always thought time would stand still. Although she will always be my little loopy she is now all grown up and is now not only Aunt Sissy but about to be a wife. I am so very proud of her. I am so excited for her. I love her so very much.

My little sissy, the soon to be wifey of Mr. Richard Carney. Tear. Tear. Tear.

I know Rich loves her as much as we do and for that we are all so very thankful that she is now his responsibility :) I sure hope he knows what he is getting himself into ... hee hee!

I love you and will always be there right by your side as your one and only big sister!

4 comments:

  1. Yay Eliza!! I agree with all your descriptions. I even remember being with her and checking YOUR closet for bad guys. Hope everything goes smoothly and sweetly with the wedding. I know how you feel about being a "matron." That was me last year. Have fun and congrats Eliza! Aren't sisters awesome?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!!! Sister posts make me get all emotional! I guess b/c of my relationship with my sister, I feel like I "get" you and Eliza. I'm so thankful God gave me a sister to love and fight with too :). You're a lovely matron of honor and I know this weekend will be very special for your entire family. Please give Eliza my best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post for Eliza! Yes, sisters are the best, and I am so glad that though Leah and I fought like cats and dogs, we have grown so close as we have gotten older! Praying that everything goes so well this weekend. Please post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee,
    Words can not describe how much I love you and how much this post means to me. I am honored to have you as my Matron of Honor...I could not do this w/o you by my side on Saturday.

    love you always,
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete