Sunday, November 1, 2009

Asher's first Halloween....Roarrrrr!

We started off the Halloween weekend enjoying the beautiful Fall weather.
Daddy raked the yard and Asher "jumped" into the pile...(more like he was placed in the pile)
Surprisingly he didnt mind the leaves one bit!

Asher got his first pumpkin...at first he wasn't very interested...


he quickly realized it was perfect for teething and drooling on...gross!


he really seemed to like this Fall/Halloween stuff...


Our first family photo where EVERYONE IS SMILING AND LOOKING!!!!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2009!

Asher trick or treating with mommy before it rained (we made it to two houses). We visited our two closest neighbors who were "expecting him"!

Cheesin' it up in his costume. Only our child!

The view from the street.....One happy family!

Why on earth was it almost 80 degrees on Halloween!?
Don't they know costumes are hot!?
Nana helped Asher cool off...

Pumpkins 2009
Carving pumpkins is one of my favorite things about Halloween.
I am very passionate about my carving as you can see on your left and right.
Philip, not so much! (although his pumpkin had a Schreibman clef dimple chin)
Friday night we spent 3 hours gutting and carving pumpkins while watching "The Proposal"
We loved the way they turned out this year!

Last Halloween I was secretly pregnant. This year I was the mommy to a sweet baby lion. Asher's first Halloween was perfect, aside from the rain. Our parents came over in addition to a few friends. We enjoyed chilli, beer cheese bread, salad, wine, beer, chocolate chip banana bread and chocolate chip ghost shaped cupcakes with chocolate chip pumpkin spiced whipped buttercream icing. DELICIOUS!

This Halloween was also special because it marked one year ago that our dear friends Robert and Sarah began dating (they are in the middle of the first photo in the link). Last Halloween they came over and it was their 2nd date. This year they came over and we celebrated their engagement as they just got engaged two weekends ago. We could not be more thrilled for them. More specifically I could not be more thrilled since I "set them up". They are getting married 10/10/10 and I will be one of Sarah's bridemaids....so exciting!!!

Happy Halloween from us to you!

2 comments: