Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The first of a lifetime

Ever since I was a little girl I have always dreamed about being a mom.
My relationship with my mom has always been very close.
She isnt just my mom...she is my best friend.

I pray that I will have the same cherished relationship with my own children.
This mother's day was so very special for me since it was the first of a lifetime of mother's days.

I didn't want a "present" I wanted time with my boys and our families.
I did however make a request for a raised bed organic garden.
Philip worked his big ole heart away all weekend to make my wish come true.
He tilled up the entire grassy area behind our landscaping (that was a pain to mow), killed the grass with a homemade organic grass killer spray and built this beautiful raised bed.

Together with Asher's supervision we planted several kinds of tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, green/red peppers, cilantro, basil and dill. Pray that our vegetable/herb gardening thumbs are as green as our tree, shrub, flower thumbs! I am looking forward to enjoying the fruits of Philip's labor throughout the next several months. You did an awesome job honey and I could not thank you enough!

The Schreibman's Organic Garden

You will notice that three yards fence's meet up at the bottom (none of the fences are ours). We plan to plant three bushes in a semi circle near the back to hide the sewer drain that you can't see in this photo but can see in person. We will lay pinestraw through the entire area once a few more grass killer applications have been applied. A compost pile is in the works!

Yay for sustainability, fresh organic vegetables-herbs and for making use of our mother earth!

The husband's "planned" father's day.
That consisted of me deciding I didn't want to plan my own very first mother's day so Philip took matters into his own hands. Both sets of parents came over for dinner and family time.

Philip fixed flank steak, barbeque chicken, diced baked red potatoes, steam green beans, and corn on the cob. The weather was so nice we were able to dine on the patio for the first time since last summer...which is one of our favorite past times.

We decided now that Asher has 4 teeth (2 on top and 2 on the bottom) and he likes to knaw on EVERYTHING that we would give him a cob of corn and see what he did with it. Um yeah, he loved it....play by play...




Asher got passed around like a hot potato and especially LOVED time with daddy. You can catch a glimpse of his gigantic two top teeth. Not only are they big but they are pretty far apart. Too cute for words!


For Mother's Day Amanda decided to do a water color art project with Asher. She had Asher make a frame for each mom using water color paints. He actually did a good portion of it with her help. Amanda tied ribbons to the back of them so that everyone could hang them up. She also took photos of Asher during playtime and developed her favorites so I could have a few selections to put into the frames. Have I mentioned I love her?
Before we wrapped them for Softa and Nana we burned an extra special message on the back of the frames...


I received TWO very touching cards from both mom's on Mother's Day.
I tend to collect and hoard cards for no apparent reason so in the spirit of purging I thought posting the words of the cards would be a great ways to cherish the memories forever.
These were so very special to me...

From your Mother with Love
We share a beautiful closeness that grows stronger with time as mother and daughter, as women and as friends...
Seeing you as a loving, giving mother has been one of the greatest joys my heart has ever known. I couldn't be prouder of you. Wishing you a Very Happy Mother's Day, Love Mom

To a Special "Daughter"
You mean so Much to Me
Although I'm not your mother, I love you with a mother's heart...
I wish I could have seen you as a little girl, but its fun to see you now nurturing the life you've created.
I feel genuine admiration for the amazing mother you are. And though we don't share the same genes, we've shared lots of good times together.
You've touched a place in my heart, and no one could be prouder of the "daugther" you've become. We didnt start out being family, but I'm so glad we've ended up that way. Happy Mother's Day! Love Sara

Oh how we are blessed to have been loved by a mother and to have each other!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the garden! can't wait to hear the progress. Really cute mother's day idea with the frame, I am storing that one for next year. And those teeth are adorable! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great Mother's Day. So special in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Mother's Day, Renee! I love your garden too!!!

    ReplyDelete