Thursday, August 19, 2010

Coming back to haunt me...

My delivery, awful recovery from delivery and the medical malpractice situation that occured surrounding my delivery is coming back to haunt me 12+ months later.

I so thought this was done, over, in the past.
How could it not be?
I did them a favor by not suing them. A FAVOR.
My situation was a medical malpractice attorney's dream.
I didn't want to relieve it.

12+ months later I am now questioning that ever so kind decision.

I received a voicemail on my cell phone 3 weeks ago.
Frankly, it was really weird. The voicemail said they were returning my call. It was the billing office for my FORMER (I will not be returning) OBGYN's office. I NEVER called them.
I did call back curious as to who DID call "on my behalf".
The woman was "covering for someone". She didn't know but saw some open items on my account. To say I flipped a lid would be an exaggeration.

Standing in Marshall's my jaw dropped. My stomach knotted up. My heart started racing.
Are you KIDDING ME?
Open items? Charges unpaid? Charges, what?
I won't lie. I told her, "that has to be a joke, there is no way in hell that a) I will pay a dime to that practice after what they put me through b) that they would be trying to collect on this OVER a year after it occurred"

So the conversation ended up with no resolution.
She clearly didn't know what she was talking about...so I thought.

Today. I opened the mail to find a bill from the "billing center". Well frankly we get a lot of these with our bazillion medical appointments so I thought nothing of it and opened it nonchalantly.

NO WAY.
YES WAY.
ANGER set in.
What nerve these people have. After all they put me through.
Sick for 3 months post delivery all because of their BIG mistake.
14 months later...pay up lady.
There is no way in hell I will pay that bill.
Someone will get one heck of a phone call from me tomorrow.
WHAT NERVE. I am BEYOND disgusted.

Taking suggestions for OBGYN's in Charlotte. Preferably ones that have Midwives and that isn't a huge practice. Arboretum or surrounding areas ideal. Would love someone that deliver's their own babies, but not a requirement. Must take MedCost Health insurance.


No comments:

Post a Comment