


The beautiful Dinner Table set with Asher's homemade Turkey Plates!

Over Thanksgiving weekend Asher developed an obsession with all things candles which included "blowing" them out

Not only was he the center of attention at Thanksgiving Dinner but he knew he was too!


Asher showing off the plates him and Amanda made!

Every year we go around the dinner table at Thanksgiving to say what we are thankful for.
Some years things have gotten pretty funny. Like the year where my dad forgot to say he was thankful for my mom.
This year we had family and family friends over for Thanksgiving Dinner.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving my Mom wrote this beautiful poem to express to everyone what she was thankful for... I think it sums out our holiday perfectly!
How thankful I am to have you here,
Family and friends who are caring and dear,
Food to eat and a home I love,
Daughters and their husbands I am very proud of,
Hugs and kisses all the time,
Asher dancing to a rhyme,
Licks galore from Happy and Scooter,
Reisling wine and chocolate mousse shooters,
Starting the morning with a call from Renee’
Telling me of her upcoming day,
The sound of a voice who knows me well,
The daily call to Jerry and Estelle,
Electric blue eyes look deep into mine,
As Ira and I enjoy this holiday time,
I thank God who helped me persevere,
Through times when my path was not so clear,
Happiness and health, and laughter every day,
This is what I am thankful for on Thanksgiving today.
We had a delicious meal. But I was so hungry I didnt take any photos of it!
So on to dessert...





No comments:
Post a Comment