Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My baby boy


You are my baby. You will always be my very first born.
I shared a moment with you this week that I will never forget.
It was one of those moments I truly feel I had waited my entire life to experience.
It might sound ridiculous to any other mom, but for me it meant the world.

We were cuddled up together in the rocking sofa chair in your room like we do every night.
I was singing you the Sh'ma. You were relaxing in my arms in our sweet embrace.
The lights went out and you nustled under my neck where you continued to flutter your eye lashes against my skin. It tickled and you giggled. I cried. Tears rolling down my face.
For the first time I was crying tears filled with so many emotions...and intense love.

You are my baby boy. You are 18 months old. You are growing up so fast, yet turning into such a little cuddle bug. Everyone warned us that we would miss the cuddly stages as you got older. However, you were never a cuddly baby. You are now a cuddly toddler and we absolutely love it. It melts our hearts to have you close to us in our arms engaging in a sweet embrace. Butterfly kisses. I said in your ear. I took off my glasses and put my check to yours. We fluttered our eye lashes together touching each other as you giggled with glee. We were both in heaven. No words can explain how I truly felt at that moment. My sweet baby boy.

Being your mommy is such a blessing in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Boys are so special, just as the bond with them is! I love reliving the "early" years again with Ryan!

    ReplyDelete