Tuesday, April 26, 2011

for the record


I mowed the lawn this weekend...and it looks darn good.
I think I am more into the patterns the lawn mower leaves than I am actually mowing the lawn.

I am obsessed with a good looking lawn.
Well edged, maintained, green and weed free.
I drive the husband crazy over this.

Pulling weeds should be bottled up into a pill for people with anxiety or stress.
Call me crazy but its cathartic.

Our lawn is finally perking back up.
Our landscaping is unbelieveable...if I might say myself.
After almost 4 years in our house our lanscaping, shrubage and trees are well established.
The maple tree I drove home in the trunk of my Honda Accord is now taller than our two story house. Our pussy willow bushes are over 15 feet tall. Our magnolia and tea olive buses have tripled in size. Growth is abundant!

The knockout roses and azaleas are in full bloom. Beauuuuutiful. Pink, Pale Pink, White.
We transplanted several stalks of hostas this year since they outgrew the beds they were in last year and we planted lots of calladium. Green leaves with pink tips. yes Please.

The garden is fully planted.
All of our zucchini and squash were started from organic seeds inside the house.
We have garlic, potatoes, onions, zuch, squash, cucumbers and several tomato varities.

We potted basil and cilantro and they are flourishing. We decided to pot the herbs this year vs put them in the garden. Hopefully this will help us maintain them as they rapidly grow into the summer months.

Im on a planting, yard work high....
weeeeeeeeeeeeee...

1 comment:

  1. Please share pictures!!!! You can come work in my yard whenever you want to :)

    PS. So glad that everything is okay with you!!!

    ReplyDelete