We got to celebrate Lisa and Ben's engagement with them on Friday night at 131 Main (our favorite Charlotte restaurant) Philip's parents and Ben's parents joined us and it was great to celebrate them and honor them during this exciting time. Ben and Lisa were in town for Ben's 10 year high school reunion at Myers Park...Philip's is in two weeks!
I spent a lot of the weekend prepping for next weekend. Shabbat Potluck at the Temple Friday night, wake up at the crack of dawn...drive to Raleigh: Double Baby shower that I am throwing for Lauren and Cassie and then Nicole and Dave's wedding ALL in the same day. Lots of preparing....PLUS Philip's 29th birthday is the following weekend along with his 10 year high school reunion.
I don't want to spill any of the shower surprises but its going to be super cute and so are their gifts (that I have spent the past few months gathering things for).
I ran a lot of errands looking for Fall/Halloween stuff.... much to my dismay I only came home with a basket that says Harvest on it. We never made it to the Farmer's Market on time so I didn't get the mum's I was looking for. Saturday we hit up the Barbeque and Blues Festival uptown which was a very HOT experience. Our good friend Josh was out there with his brother Jeff who owns Smokin J's BBQ (riblover.com). There were many different booths to sample BBQ from however we were loyal to Jeff's yummy ribs and BBQ. Hundred's of people came out for the event and I enjoyed people watching as always...but damn it was HOT.
The Miller High Life..
Talk about a lot of people uptown!
Courtney and Josh were also in town this weekend for the Panther's game on Sunday so Saturday night we got together for Taco Night at our house and hanging out like old times. By the end of the night we concluded that they really need to move here sooner than later so we can pick up these chill evenings where we laid off when we left Raleigh. We always have the best time with them... doing nothing. Who doesn't love that!?
I got back into the gym this weekend.....I had not been to the gym on a weekend in two weeks because of all of the travels and I started feeling disgusting. Yes, I am slightly obsessed with my 3-5 day a week gym routine and with this new medicine I am on I can see the pounds packing back on much to my dismay. I am trying to fight this. I am turning a new leaf this week. Back to portion control, back to focus. My back has been bothering me again (pretty badly) so I am going to work on strengthening it, sleeping only on my back and working out religiously. You heard it first.....I always have to write things down to commit to them so here it is.
Sunday my parents and family friend's Ryan and Michelle came over with their new 3 mo. old baby Kiley. She is precious and she slept almost the entire time they were here from 5-8 pm... She is an angel baby. We had a great time with them and were glad that came to visit us from Concord after not seeing them since Michelle got pregnant - WOW~! As always seeing babies makes my desire to be a mother that much stronger....
Shutterfly Shared Picture Detail
After everyone left we gave Bella the walk she deserved all weekend but had not had time for. Philip and I looked at each other and headed to bed at 9 PM - totally exhausted....
I am revving up for this coming whirl wind weekend. I can't wait for it because I am going to get to see so many people in one trip! Global Knowledge friends, and LOTS of college friends.... weeeeeee here I come....I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
No comments:
Post a Comment