Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Slacker!

Where have I been!? Goodness....
Let me back track...
LABOR DAY WEEKEND...
Philip and I had a nice and relaxing time.
Lake Norman boat time with Jason and the crew...
Our Cousin Paige came up from USC and spent the night with us...
Brunch with the Kaplan Clan at Le Peep.... and Lots of pool time...
The past week was filled with much drama.
My trip to the Bahamas was in limbo due to the impending Hurricane Hanna and Hurricane Ike.
All week we were checking the weather constantly.
Finally Thursday the bosses made the call to postpoine the Bahamas to next year and move our trip to VIVA LAS VEGAS....

Initially I was not thrilled. Vegas? Gambling? - I wanted ocean, sand, tropical.
BUT....this was an award's trip. I wasn't paying a dime...and shoot... I might just like it.

I had never been to Vegas... GASP!

As the accomodations information started rolling in I began to get really excited.
Bellagio for 3 nights - King bed ALL TO ME
Spa Treatments
Lots of shopping
Gorgeous large pools
The show "O"!

I was in heaven.

Off I went early Friday morning to Las Vegas... popping my Vegas Cherry once and for all.

The flight was gorgeous. Very clear skies so we could see the Grand Canyon and all of the mountanious regions. Until we landed I didn't realize how close the strip was to the airport!

I met up with the crew that flew in from the office: Dave, JP, Matthew, Kendal, Katie and Aaron and off we went in a limo to the Bellagio to begin our trip!
I was in slight awe... tall buildings, gorgeous architecture, casino's EVERYWHERE. My room was one of the nicest rooms I have stayed in and the hotel service was fantastic. The Bellagio is where it is at.
Our second night there we spotted Michael Phelps in the Armani store (they closed the store down just for him) so he could get fitted for a custom suit. The parazzi stalker that I am got this photo of him before I got shoved out of the way.

The second night we were there we went to see "O". We wanted to go see BELIEVE the new Criss Angel show but it didnt start till next weekend...bummer because I know TWO PEOPLE in that show! "O" was OMAZING. I have never seen a production anything like it. 1.5 million gallons of water. INSANE. I can't even begin to explain what it was like...

Katie and I hit up the pool and the casino's. The first day I sat it out to watch everyone gamble and learned how to play blackjack. I was scared to blow my $400 that I was given by my company to gamble with. The budget conscious side of me was saying, "hold on to it and just take it home". The other side was saying make more money and go to the spa....

So that is what I did. I started gambling a little here and there. Lots some won some. Never had any luck at the Bellagio. Casino Royale and the Palms were where I made my money.

I brought money home... I actually made a decent amount of money so I was quite pleased. I didnt bring home my $400 BUT... I would've had I not gone to the spa.

The last night I hit it big at The Palms. I won $400!....but proceeded to lose $100 when we got back to the Bellagio...grrr. All in all I was quite proud of myself for my first time in Vegas.
The spa....was more than a spa. It was everything I could've ever wanted and needed.

The facilites were spectacular, gorgeous tiling everywhere! So relaxing. I couldnt partake in the spa, steam room or whirlpool bc of some medicine I am on but I still dipped my feet in before my massage. I decided to do it up right and go for the 70 minute Deep Coconut Surrender Massage: This concentrated deeper massage focuses on the back, neck and shoulders, using firm pressure, heated stones, and hot towels, while coconut milk is drizzled along the spine and back of the legs. Heated Indulgence.

THE BEST massage I have ever had... and if you know me you know I have had TONS OF Massages because of my back problems. 70 minutes is the PERFECT amount of time and I left the spa feeling completely renewed.


We had some great food on our trip: Noodles at the Bellagio, Cantonella in the Venetian and Nobu at Hard Rock. My coworker Katie (the only other girl on the trip) and I spent a lot of time together at the gorgeous pools. The guys mostly gambled ALL day and ALL night or watched football at the Sports Book. Not my idea of a vacation....

I enjoyed Vegas. Would I go back? Not anytime soon and DEFINITELY NOT ON MY OWN DIME.... RIP OFF CITY!

After a hellish day of delayed flights, stuffy airports and bumpy planes I made it home around 1 AM Monday night. Home sweet home. I missed Philip and Bella.

2 comments:

  1. i cannot believe you stayed at belagio. how nice. isn't it just beautiful??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you saw Michael Phelps that is awesome!! Even though the guys gambled the whole time it still seemed like you had fun!! (sad that you missed the show though... I'm going to try to make it out this year to see them!)

    ReplyDelete