Friday, September 26, 2008

So much going on, so little time!

excuses....excuses I know.
Why have I neglected my blog so much lately!?
I guess I have so much going on that I cant get on here to write!

I think it is also because my back as been bothering me so much lately I will do anything possible not to sit at my desk any longer than I already do for work.

I am still busy and my back is still killing me but some really fun things have been going on so its time to update.

Last weekend....

NextDOR Shabbat Potluck at the Temple. I coordinated this event and we had about 40 people attend in their 20's and 30's which was a great turn out. I was in one heck of a funny mood. Not sure what got into me but I think it had something to do with this silk wrap dress that I was wearing. I bought the thing in Vegas a few weeks back and you can wrap it about 100 different ways. It definitely heightened the evening for me. Call me crazy!

Saturday morning we got up at 6 AM and headed to Raleigh for a jam packed Saturday.

I threw Lauren (Palmer) Brady and Cassie (Kincaid) Hall two of my friends dating all the way back to high school a double baby shower. Both ladies are pregnant and due 3 1/2 weeks apart. Cassie is having a boy and Lauren is having a girl so it made for a fun shower! Emily opened her home up to all of us and cooked up a storm. I decorated, sent out invites and put together the "games". We played baby "Price is Right" and a Celebrity Baby game. Everyone raved about the non-traditional games and said they were the best they had ever played at a shower. :) Me so happy. After the shower we planned on heaving over to Waraji my favorite sushi restaurant ever but it was closed for Saturday Lunch. DEVESTATION crossed my face like you have never seen before.


Nicole and Dave's wedding was at 3 pm so we headed over to St. Francis for the Wedding. Note...during the wedding NC State went into overtime against ECU. Philip definitely was checking the scores the entire ceremony in a state of panic (Sorry, Nicole!). The wedding was gorgeous and everything went off without a hitch! We headed over the the Royal for the reception and enjoyed seeing many of my old friends from Global Knowledge. The groomsmen were HILARIOUS. The dancing that went down at this wedding was like nothing I had ever seen before.....


After a long day we retreated to Lauren and Shawn's house. We have never stayed with them so we were excited to see their place, check out their GIGANTIC GORGEOUS GARDEN and see Baby Brady's nursery. Everything was perfect. We had such a great time with both of them.

Sunday morning the plan was to meet all of my girlfriends from College and their signficant other's at Irregardless Cafe. Philip ended up being the ONLY guy with 6 girls. Poor guy. It was great to catch up with everyone and we all enjoyed such a delicious breakfast!


What a weekend!?!? I am still trying to catch up on the lost sleep....






On another note... I need to get my fat butt back into the gym 5 days a week. I have been slacking to 3-4 days a week and that is NOT ACCEPTABLE. All of my pants are snug again. UGH.......

No comments:

Post a Comment