Sunday, September 28, 2008

Twenty nine and still a kid!

Friday was Philip's 29th birthday.
His birthday request was to go to the Zuma Fun Center with our parents and friends.


The Zuma Fun Center has putt putt golf, go karts, water bumper boats and a batting cage. Philip talked about Friday night ALL week he was so excited. Unfortunately the weather didn't hold up and we were forced to change our plans. I could tell after a really stressful past few weeks at work the last thing Philip wanted to do was go out to some "stuff" dinner and go home. He wanted to cut loose. SO I proposed a new option. Sports Connection: Bowling, Arcade, Laser Tag.....I figured this would be a close 2nd to the Zuma Fun Center.


Everyone had a blast. We brought a cake, sang happy birthday and the guys played as many arcade games as possible in the 3 hours we were there. Everyone bowled....some better than others! A special thank you to our parents, Tania, Hal, Pamela, Josh, Matt, Christian, Sam and Jeff for coming out to celebrate with Philip. He had enough fun to get him through another year...his final year as a 20 year old!

If a birthday was not exciting enough...Saturday was Philip's 10 year Providence High School Reunion.

We made our way down to Whisky River uptown "lookin pretty snazzy". Most of Philip's friends that I knew from high school couldn't make it so I went knowing no one. Philip had a great time catching up with all of his old friends. I couldn't imagine attending that reunion single. Not that being single is bad, but just about everyone there was married. Not sure about the atmosphere for a reunion (dark and loud) but everyone enjoyed the get together and they are already talking about a 15 year reunion!



Sunday we caught up on grocery shopping (We had not gone in 3 weeks!), hit up the gym and did chores around the house that were VERY overdue! I even hung up some fall/Halloween decorations....but you will have to wait for photos!
On to a great week filled with Rosh Hashanah Celebrations ... L'shana Tova... May you have a sweet and healthy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment