Monday, October 27, 2008

Date night...

Saturday night was declared as date night.
We try to have date night at least once a month.
Just the two of us.
Dinner and spending quality time together.
We decided to check out a newer sushi restaurant: Yama
As many of you know I have an obsession with sushi....and crave it constantly!

Yama was fantastic. The menu even breaks down the cooked vs uncooked sushi rolls which I loved! We orderd 5 rolls... yes... 5.
God, they were so good.

We ordered so much sushi that they brought it out in a BOAT!
We ate ALL 5 rolls. Please forgive us and our big apetites (we didnt eat lunch!).


Side note:.... while at dinner Eliza called me 5 times.... this is when I realized, " I better call her back...I bet she got engaged!" I was right...!

On our way home we stopped at Dean and Deluca and picked up a delectible dessert: Chocolate Dome (cookie crust, choclate ganache and some other cholocate ridiculousness that I cant remember). Our plan was to take it home and eat it and relax in our sushi, chocolate coma.

We got sidetracked. Friends were making smores at their house and that idea sounded too good to turn up so we made our way over to their house and enjoyed a lovely fall night making smores outside in the fireplace!
Date night was a great success but we never ate the chocolate dome...!

1 comment:

  1. Renee- I think having a regular date night is a great idea! Setting aside time for something special is so important!

    I have to tell you: When you said that you ordered 5 rolls, I thought, "That's it?" I don't know much about sushi, so I imagined that it was going to be a small amount- But now I know from the pictures that its not:) Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete