Monday, May 11, 2009

No IV for me!




Less than 30 days to go.... and almost FULL TERM!

Asher is gaining about an ounce a day. He now weighs more than 6 lbs and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. According to our OB we are NOT having a big baby...he will either be normal size or small...which is fine with me. Less to push out! He's shedding most of the downy hair that covered his body, as well as the waxy substance that protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, he will be considered full-term.

How far along? 36 weeks 2 days - 3 1/2 weeks to go till due date! Fundal Height is 36 (right on!)

Total weight gain/loss: 2 lbs - total 20 lbs. My appointments keep changing from morning to afternoon which makes my weight gain/loss really fluctuate...Oh well...hopefully they will stick to mornings from here on out!

Maternity clothes? My maternity tops don't even fit over my belly these days (Old Navy doesn't make great fitting maternity clothes, yet their regular tops fit!? go figure!).

Stretch marks? No, but I keep hearing you can get them after birth...so I am praying on this one!

Sleep: This has been inconsistent lately. Some nights are great and some are up every hours. I still can't sleep for more than 6-7 hours, but I am getting sleepy earlier.

Worst moment this week: Our Dryer not getting fixed like it was supposed to and piles of laundry!

Best moment this week: TONS of Pregnant Friends/Moms had their babies! Over the course of 8 days I know 5 people who had babies, all healthy even if a little early or on time and NO C-sections!!!!! A sunny weekend, great workouts and spent lots of time with Philip. My parents were also in Fl for a 4 day trip and made it back without me going into labor which is a huge relief. I couldn't imagine doing this without them.

Movement: Asher gets the hiccup's at least once a day if not more. His patterns for movement have changed slightly and he doesn't move as much when I lay down. He mainly moves while I am sitting all day (sitting on him!). We still haven't seen any body parts and the minute we get he camera out to video he gets stage fright and stops moving!

Food cravings: I am not really craving anything these days. Milk is always a staple. I enjoyed sushi with the girls this weekend and a fantastic Mexican TChicken Toastada salad which all hit the spot!

Working out: Same ole workouts, and I actually jogged one day this week, but I have officially decided with 3 1/2 weeks left that is over for now! The gym kept me lose when I could barely walk from him pushing on my leg nerves.

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks but nothing consistent. I think I have also had contractions but am having trouble timing them and telling them apart.

Weekly Wisdom: Be true to yourself.

Milestones: Baby Asher is head down and ready to go. I think that I have dropped based on some side by side photo comparisons. I passed my GBS (group B strep) test and I dont have to have an IV or Hep-Loc on admission to Labor & Delivery!!!!! Asher is also projected to be a normal or small sized baby... yippe! No big boy for me!

Looking forward to next week: Shabbat Dinner, seeing my sister and Rich (they will be in for a wedding!) and enjoying every moment I have before Asher arrives!

2 comments:

  1. way to go! FYI- they predicted Vaden would be around 5 lbs... and he was born a week later at 7lbs 7 oz.... not to say that you'll have a bigbig baby, but they are not always accurate once baby is head down and engaged. Anyway, I gave birth at 38 weeks- imagine if you only have 2 weeks left!!! At least you're ready for him!

    ReplyDelete