Friday, May 1, 2009

Wide Load

On one of my several trips to Michael's this past week I parked my car, hopped out and went inside on a search for several items for my weekend filled with projects. More felt, clasps, frames, yarn etc. I was fairly quick. Ten minutes? I had to get back to work and was already running behind my original schedule for my lunch hour.

As I bee bopped my way back out to the parking lot I realized I was trapped. I couldnt fit in on either side of the car.

Do I need to post a sign on my windows that reads: Wide load.....Pregnant! Do Not Park Too Close!?

I was stuck... I tried to fit in. I tried sucking in. I tried sashaying sideways. Nothing worked. Both sides of my car were squished in this tiny parking spot by two other large SUV's. I guess I deserve this for just having just purchased an SUV.

So I waited.
Patient. Hot. A little annoyed the clock was ticking by on my lunch hour.
Hungry. I had to pee.
I didnt want to leave because what if this car owner left and another one trapped me in too.
I would've been able to fit into that space if I wasnt 35 weeks pregnant!

Finally the woman came to my rescue. We both laughed. She felt bad.
I came away with a great memory, great story and a lesson learned.

Oh how much I love my wide load :)
off to the OB today to see how wide the load has gotten...

4 comments:

  1. How funny is that (I'm sure not at the time!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I had the same problem at Target the other day. I had to hold my hand on the door so I didn't take our the car next to mine's side mirror. I did manage to squeeze in that way, but almost mashed my hand in the process! You look great, can't wait to hear how the appointment goes!

    ReplyDelete