Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our little man arrived....

after 24 hours of labor...
We couldnt be more thankful that he is so healthy and in our arms!
It is with so much pride that we introduce our son, Asher Davis Schreibman...


Born at 6:17 AM, June 9th, 2009 weighing a 7 lbs 4 oz, and 19 1/2 inches and 2 days late.
He scored a 9 and 10 on his Apgar scores and is already picking up breastfeeding like a champ despite lots of gas (Hmmm wonder where he got that from!)

He looks JUST like his daddy, but with grey green/blue eyes (which of course can easily change)
He has tons of dark long brown hair that has a little curl when wet and a precious clef chin. Initially he looked like a little old man...but as the day progressed his apperance changed a lot.

We had to deliver with forceps (more details about that with the birth story, later) but his head was barely cone shaped and it is already back to normal in less than 24 hours later!

Sneak peak...and hundreds of more photos to come...he is already used to the flash!

Seconds after he came out for skin to skin time


Daddy with Dr. Goldman who delivered Asher...



He is constantly changing as his swelling goes down....but one thing has remained constant.

WE ARE SO IN LOVE....

7 comments:

  1. YAYYY!!!!!!!!!! He is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I cant wait to meet him this weekend!! Can I bring my camera?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's BEAUTIFUL!!! Awesome job Renee (and Philip too). Can't wait to hear all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, he is precious! Congratulations... I know you are in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Renee! He is so handsome and does look like his Daddy! I'm so glad that he is here safe and sound...And yes, isn't it amazing how much you can love a little one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. It is nuts how much he looks like Philip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so beautiful. I am excited to hear the birth story and if you were able to do natural. You will be amazed at the weight that comes off just with breastfeeding. I had decided that I would really start working out when he slept through the night, but still lost all my weight plus 15 more lbs with out ever getting there (got preg again before the babe started sleeping through the night...)

    ReplyDelete