Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Working out?

  

12 days post delivery...
my stomach is shrinking.

I confess. I miss the gym. 
My new work out is breast feeding and walking the dog up the street and back.
My night sweats make me re-live that feeling of sweating everything out at the gym.
Lovely huh?
More like gross...

No one tells you this stuff when your pregnant.
No one tells you what to expect after you deliver.
Not impressed.

It will be at least another 4-6 weeks before I can even look at the gym let alone attempt to do something at the gym. I can barely walk up the street and back with the dog right now, thanks to my lovely tear which resulted in an infection. Oh Happy Days. I am broken.

I am so in love with Asher... 
I couldn't even imagine leaving him to go to the gym right now anyway.


4 comments:

  1. You look amazing! AND you are my pregnancy hero when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee -- I started following your blog through links of friends of friends. I just had a baby 3 mo ago and I totally relate to your struggle... It does get better, trust me. I only had a 2nd degree tear and the recovery seemed to take forever...I remember not being able to walk up the street and thinking --when is it going to get better/easier?!? This 15 min process just to go to the bathroom is rediculous! It gets better...it really does. I love to work out and I am finally able to run again. Good luck -- enjoy your little one. They get big so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. No one tells you what to expect and you feel like you're the only one who has ever felt that way. You're not alone. Being a Mom is the best job ever, but the hardest on so many levels. You give of yourself in ways you wouldn't have ever thought possible. Including physically. I hope you feel better soon. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG renee... you are my HERO (ditto whitney)!!!!! you look so so so so so so so so SO GREAT!!!!!! thanks for this blog so i can learn about mommy stuff that will be oh so useful one day!

    ReplyDelete