Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Snuggle up to this...

Months ago we were at Sam's Club shopping around for some bulk items and decided it was time to get some new detergent. We are very picky about the way detergent smells admittedly and we decided that Snuggle was the best smelling. We bought the concentrated kind...took it home and have been using it for every load of laundry over the past two months.

Recently I started to question the ability of our washing machine to actually WASH clothes....I would smell this weird smell on my work out clothes, nothing seemed really clean.
We even considered buying one of those Eco-Friendly Front Loading super duper kind but cringed every time we looked at the price tags. I was about to throw my washer out the window.

Just this weekend Philip made another trip to Costco and decided it was time we switched to powder detergent since that is what we grew up on. He brought home this massive box of Gain powder. For some unknown reason he decided to check out the Snuggle liquid container details to realize that it was NOT DETERGENT it was fabric softener!!!!!! How did we not realize this all these months!?!?! We had been cleaning our clothes with fabric softener and not detergent. GROSS...

Seriously. we had yet another Amelia Badelia moment....

So the past two months of odd smelling clothes that didnt seem clean.... all makes sense.
Sorry guys... If I happened to smell around you and you were too nice to say something.
I can promise that has been put to an end once and for all!

GROSSSSSS!
ps I apologized to the washing machine for doubting her abilities!

5 comments:

  1. When I bought detergent for the very first time in college on my own, I too bought Snuggle fabric softener...but my mom saw it and corrected me before I ever used it...so I can relate, but truly there is no excuse at your age Nay! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah before i read the end of the post, i was like....i didn't know snuggle made detergent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Christa, I was like snuggle detergent?! lol I personally prefer Tide Simple pleasures. The purple one. I LOVE the way it makes your clothes smell. Seriously try it.. you will walk around sniffing yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! This is one for the memory books:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLOL. This makes me chuckle. Must share with Andrew...

    ReplyDelete