Tuesday, April 14, 2009

new guy in town

I thought Asher was going to be the next male addition to the Bass-Schreibman clan BUT despite my thinking I was wrong.

My parents decided to adopt this little guy from the Humane Society.



I confess I was a brat about it and pretty upset that less than 8 weeks before my baby was due they would adopt a dog and expose their already timid malti poo to another dog this close to another upcoming and possibly traumatizing event, the birth of their first grandson. But... they are adults and they do what they want to do... I am still warming up to the idea.

Regardless of how bitter I was...it's impossible not to turn into a ball of mush when you hear his story and think he is in a much better home now....but I am still very nervous.

His name was Lorenzo. He is now called Scooter (after some Yankee's player!?!). I suggested Moses with his arrival occuring during Passover....but the Yankee lover won. Scooter was living in a pen at a Puppy Mill for the past year and a half. He is a Bolognesse. Half Bichon and Half Maltese. They are exotic and expensive dogs when purchased from a regular breeder. Evidently the Puppy Mill turned over several dogs to the Humane Society because they couldnt keep up with the costs and he was one of them. He is very timid and very shy and is learning to adapt to our crazy family.

After a few weeks of love I am sure he will fit right in...he is a kisser :)

I definitely won't be able to help walk three dogs and a newborn....

1 comment:

  1. scooter is my family maltese's name!
    i'm happy your parents were able to give him a happy home. and think of all the memories asher will make with him :o)

    ReplyDelete