Monday, April 13, 2009

Rapid growth!

32 weeks OH MI!

How far along? 32 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: 16.4 lbs total gain last weighed but I think Im up to at least 18 or 19! It says for every week I should gain a 1/2 lb and so should Asher so hopefully that is the case. That is some major baby growth!
Maternity clothes? I got into my bikini for some sun this past weekend... Im still about 1/2 and 1/2 on the maternity clothes vs regular.
Stretch marks? Its possible... I saw a small faint line developing on my low right back hip, but Philip thinks I'm paranoid... He is CORRECT.
Sleep: I have been a little achey the past week at night but still sleeping very well. Slept through the night Thursday night without one interruption. Friday night Bella kept me up all night!
Best moment this week: I'm really growing, the sciatic pain has slowly reduced and we got most of our landscaping for this season done and out of the way...plus added some new flower/plant beds! All credit to Philip.
Worst moment this week: Work. I prefer not to go into details.
Movement: Our child is active. He is constantly moving, rolling and kicking. I love it!
Food cravings: My apetite is close to ravaging. Nothing really satisfies my hunger and Im constantly look for something else to eat so I am trying to keep healthy choices around.
Working out: I was able to run again this weekend now that the sciatic pain is pretty much gone! The gym was closed due to Passover Wed-Friday but I got in two great work outs this weekend and now he is kicking even during my workouts!
Labor Signs: Thankfully No...then again I have no clue what Braxton Hicks feel like.
Weekly Wisdom: Rest whenever possible and make a list to stay organized. (not very profound, but it works for me!)
Milestones: Bending down is finally getting a little bit more difficult as my belly rapidly grows. Looking forward to next week: More relaxing and Marissa and Austin's wedding!

I would like to reiterate how much I have loved being pregnant. I am fairly optimistic about pregnancy in general and am waiting for the "final weeks of misery" that everyone swears I am supposed to encounter at some point. Although...I have heard that from day one. "You wait till you start showing, you wait till your 30 weeks, you wait till your last trimester etc." I'm waiting. I'm ready to embrace if the misery comes my way. My feelings about pregnancy have not changed and neither has my life. Although I am fairly limited now and I definitely make some funny grunts or groans here and there I am loving this pregnancy thing. Too many people make it out to be such a tough and trying time and I am here to tell you all ITS NOT BAD... ITS A BLESSING!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are right, Renee! Pregnancy is a blessing! My pregnancy was a little difficult with the sickness and how large I got, but I never hit the "get the babies out of me" stage. I guess that's because my two came at 34 weeks, and I was not ready for them to be born! I wanted them to be at least 36 weeks!!! But God had different plans and they were fine:) Glad that you are enjoying it so much- You look beautiful, my pregnant friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! And I love the updated pics. Pregnancy is a great blessing and I hope you never hit the "miserable" stage too! I was ready to have Lane towards the end, but wasn't really ever miserable. This pregnancy has been a little more achy, but I know it will be coming to a close soon. It may be my last pregnancy too.....which brings on some mixed feelings.

    Thanks for your last comment on my blog too. Megs is due May 9 and I'm due the 21. I'm measuring 2 cm ahead, so they are going to do an ultrasound at 36 weeks (a week and a half from now) to check on the baby's size. Lane was a week early and 9 and a half pounds! So I guess I grow big babies. I was induced with him and they want to check on this one to see if we may need to go that route again. I'll post u/s pics when I get them!

    OK, sorry about the long dissertation! Loved your update. Thanks for sharing these important details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are enjoying it. It's such a fun stage in life. :)

    ReplyDelete