I still can't believe that in less than 5 weeks we will be parents...and there will be a little guy here in our arms. It won't just be us with Bella. It will be a real family.
I had a lot of time to reflect on this fact over the weekend...more to follow. Philip was in New Orleans and I was panicked almost all weekend that I would go into early labor (even though I knew it wouldn't happen, my mind was playing games on me). I tried to lay low but you know with me that is hard to do.
Philip had a blast in New Orleans for Ben Levine's bachelor party. He got there Friday night and met up with all of the guys at GW Fins. They had a delicious dinner and he ate a huge filet mignon. Afterwards they roamed Bourbon Street late late into the evening doing what guys do at a Bachelor Party. I think this was somewhat of a bachelor party for him too seeing that his life is about to change. staying up till 4 am will no longer be filled with spirits and drinks but instead a screaming, crying baby. Saturday they hit up the New Orleans Jazz Festival and heard Bon Jovi which was quite a highlight of the trip. A little gambling, drinking and male debauchery (yuck!). He seemed to have a great time celebrating with Ben and all of his buddies from high school, college etc. He flew home super early which turned out to be very smart. He was able to spend the 2nd half of Sunday relaxing and catching up on lost sleep before his busy work week. Plus he was home...which to me was a huge relief.
I on the other hand spent the weekend nesting. I can not leave the house now without having it fairly tidy.... as you can imagine why!? I also realized this past weekend while alone how much I really rely on Philip and the cmofort of his prescense. Knowing he is here and by my side is very comforting. He is more than just my partner, he is my other half. I felt very panicked without him. Don't get me wrong... I definitely enjoyed the ME time as I am a person who needs this fairly often, but I was missing him big time.
I worked on many crafts (some for Asher and some for our Mom's for Mother's Day!)
I kept mentioning SOFTIES... here they are....
Sweet Giraffe (which was so hard to make and made me sweat bullets!)
Mad Dog - pretty ugly looking fella!
Plurbit (my personal favorite and will be making many more!)
This weekend marked my 35/35. I am officially in the final stretch. I am DUE NEXT MONTH!
Everything looks great according to our OB. His head is down and he is in the correct position. He is measuring right on and growing perfectly. I will not be having any internal exams unless medically necessary prior to going into labor so you won't hear how many cm dialted or effaced or at what station I am at. I am an anxious person naturally and feel that finding out this information will only create more anxiety for me. When the baby is ready to come he will come :). My OB is 100% on board with this and LOVES that I dont want any internal exams. No need for false hope! We have now moved up to weekly appointments! He is larger than a honeydew and probably 5-6 lbs. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
How far along? 35 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: 18 lbs total gain as of today. I lost 2 lbs at my last appointment. Don't be alarmed the OB said it was perfectly fine and the baby is very healthy. It is fairly normally for people (especially active ones like me) to lose weight in their final 6 weeks as water weight comes and goes and the time of your appointment (morning or afternoon) can weigh heavily on your weight as well.
Maternity clothes? Mostly only bottoms.
Stretch marks? Holding out! I love my Palmer's!
Sleep: I can't sleep for more than 6-7 hours total a night now. I used to be a 10 hour a night sleeper. Now my body is done. I am getting up more often, typically 3 times a night to use th ebathroom. Two nights I woke at 5 am with a little nausea and what could've been heart burn, but not significant.
Worst moment this week: Missing my Philip.
Best moment this week: I feel human again. I am no longer in pain by 2-3 pm on the weekends and feel like I have more energy. This is the 2nd weekend I have felt this way and I love having that back after several weeks of being a party pooper mid day!
Movement: Asher does not like it when I sit, particularly upright with good posture. He prefer's laying down, leaning back, standing up or working out. His movement is very strong now and very obvious to anyone watching my stomach.
Food cravings: I've been craving homemade meals and grilled food. Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and milk as always.
Working out: Same ole workouts and getting LOTS of compliment's these days. I think I am officially going to cut out my running this week as the baby is much heavier and its much harder on my right leg (where he has planted himself). LOTS OF CARDIO, stretching and light weights will be my routine till delivery! Everyone thinks my water will break in the gym and that my child will love thrill rides since I am constantly giving him the ride of his life inside my belly!
Labor Signs: some minor Braxton Hicks but nothing substantial.
Weekly Wisdom: Seize The Day....for the days "just us" are numbered and few....
Milestones: The car seat is installed and we have finalized plans for the Bris (will blog about this, this week for those that don't know what it is).
Looking forward to next week: spending time with Philip & Bella.
Bella is thinking, "daddy I need a bath and a haircut before Asher comes!"


lookin' good mama!
ReplyDeleteOnly a little bit more to go! You look great!
ReplyDeletePS. I think it was such a compliment that you gave to Phillip about how much you missed him. I was reading a marriage book the other day that said how good it is when we miss our spouse when we are not together. If it were not so, something would be wrong.
love all the softies and the cute diaper wreath that you made!!
ReplyDelete