Sunday, May 17, 2009

Full Term


I am officially FULL TERM.
Asher...you can come any day and be perfectly perfect in every way.


But dear son... do not rush yourself if you are not ready. We are patient and proud parents and can wait at least 5 more weeks. After that you are no longer welcome in my incubator and will be forced to evacuate. The truth hurts. We don't want to face that truth so we are giving you plenty of time. I think 5 weeks will be just fine... but 3 would be great. Just try not to come until after May 25th, ok? Your loving and ridiculously excited parents...


All I can say is I am due in less than 3 weeks. DUE. As in, baby will be exiting my body sometime in the next few weeks. Scary. Weird. Unbelievable. Wow. We didn't do much of anything this weekend and it was strange. We are go go go people. Always busy. I had too much time to think. Or maybe I haven't had enough up to this point. Either way I am trying to grasp the fact that I am going to be a mom in just a few short days. I feel maternal but have no idea what that really means. I don't think I will know until he is in my arms. I know my life is going to change drastically. I am trying to grasp on to what that really means and at the same time know I will not know what that means for me until I am immersed in it.


Enough rambling. This is supposed to be a belly update.

I dont think my belly has grown much to the eye. Sometimes I feel very pregnant, sometimes not really very pregnant at all and sometimes I wonder how this little guy is really fitting in there.


How far along? 37 weeks 1 day -Fundal Height is 37 (right on!)

Total weight gain/loss: 2 lbs - total 22 lbs. Morning Appointment this week! Asher has gained at least 1 lb in the past week and I can sure tell that he is growing like a weed beause he has run out of room.

Maternity clothes? Same ole... mostly bottoms. I prefer dresses and/or Yoga Pants with tank tops.

Stretch marks? No

Sleep: This week I had quite a sleep experience. I woke up around 1 am to go to the bathroom. When I went to lay back down I felt a large wet puddle in the same area that would be between my legs. I panicked thinking my water might have broken ... or something else happened. I turned the light on, tried to figure out what it was and woke up Philip (who was quite startled). It turned out Bella puked on the bed while I was in the bathroom (which has never happened before). It was all watery which is very unusual too. This memory will definitely keep me laughing for another few weeks! (my mom's water never broke heavy...she just trickled...so I figured I was trickling too!) I slept great over the weekend...but again only 6 hours.

Worst moment this week: Thankfully this week was pretty darn good, other than the puke in the bed!

Best moment this week: Philip's business trip to Atlanta (scheduled originally for this week) was cancelled!!!! I am thrilled he will no longer be going out of town prior to my due date! Asher finally moved off my right hip mid week!

Movement: PRESSURE and loves to punch/kick my left love handle

Food cravings: Cravings are very minimal. I can't eat large meals anymore because my capacity to hold food is much smaller. I am finding myself hungry often but unable to eat much at each sitting.

Working out: The gym was my saving grace this week. On days I was miserable in hip pain I would go to the gym and all of the pain would go away while on the ellipticals. I believe its because of the stride of the machine, but thank heavens for my workouts!

Labor Signs: Same ole Braxton Hicks and a few contractions here or there. I am so glad I dont know where I am at because I am not holding back from doing anything...where as if I knew I might not be as active because of anxiety.

Weekly Wisdom: Live in the moment.

Milestones: I dropped a tiny bit. I think.

Looking forward to next week: Memorial Day weekend, the pool is opening! Having next Monday off from work and spending time with Philip and Bella!

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny about the puke in the bed. Yesterday, I woke up and thought my back was sweating... Nope I was laying in dog puke too! What's up with our dogs? Buddy's never done that, but boy was it a terrible feeling. Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a funny story about the puke! One time I walked to the bathroom in the middle of the night and I stepped in something wet and squishy. Oh, how I wish it had been puke. But, it had come out of the other end instead and it was all over my foot!! It's true love if you can get over something like that and still love your doggy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess Bella is getting you prepared for cleaning up little messes in the middle of the night eh? You look awesome and I can't wait to hear the news that your little boy has arrived. It most certainly is an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete