Monday, May 11, 2009

Our little orphan...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY from our rose garden!


We hosted a Mother's Day Cook Out at our house this year and we truly were able to enjoy the gorgeous weather that we were so very blessed with after thunderstorms forecasted for the entire weekend (and it was SUNNY all weekend!)

Momma Linda always requests Philip's famous chicken and ribs which are truly a LABOR OF LOVE...but he was up for the task for this very special Mother's Day.

Our grill was full and definitely now in need of a MAJOR cleaning and a new tank of gas.

He spent 3 1/2 hours grilling our dinner to perfection...after he spent 3 hours working in the yard. As expected we have enough left overs for probably 2 weeks worth of chicken!

We ate grilled corn on the cob, grilled garlic potatoes, salad, chicken and ribs. We didn't even touch the cranberry jezebel appetizer. Warm Apple Pie, vanilla bean ice cream, strawberries, whip cream and cookies for dessert.

As the night progressed Bella looked dirtier and dirtier. Playing with two other dogs in the yard, you think she would get dirty right? Bella was in need of a bath before Mother's Day, but this new look took it too a whole new level.


After 20 minutes we figured out she was sticking her head behind the grill and it was GREASE that she had all over her face. Our little orphan Bella....she reminded me of the movie Annie with all of the dirt on their face. She knew we were picking on her, laughing at her and she was pitiful.

Needless to say she got a bath (post bath photo below) and she will be getting her final pre-baby haircut this Thursday. Bella get's post haircut princess syndrome (this is a term we have made up). We need to make sure we are able to accommodate her post her haircut so it is definitely time to get her in to be groomed since Asher COULD arrive any day now.

Mother's Day presents (which I'm pretty sure they loved)...
...HOMEMADE with love by both Asher and I:

This was a very special Mother's Day as I am not fully a mother yet....yet an incubator to my motherhood. Or something like that. I received lovely white roses, summer gear for Asher, a few cute toys for Asher, the Paddington Bear book, a gift certificate for a spa manicure and pedicure (which I will definitely be using pre-baby or right after!) and some wonderful cards.

Philip made it an extra special day for me. He handmade me the cutest card I think I have ever received. Anything homemade is preferred so this was extra special.


Look at how he drew me....a tear drop body!

He also granted one VERY PRINCESSY (I confess) request that I had for my delivery.

Let me repeat I confess this is very princessy and totally uncalled for.



I AM THRILLED that I will not be caught on camera in that typical and scratchy/ugly hospital gown.

There is something about it that gives me the creeps. Maybe its the color, the fact that its probably been worn before or that everyone wears it....but I really have dreaded it. I'd rather be naked. I'm sure I will be the furthest from cute when I am delivering (all natural, drug free) but I am going to try my hardest...in this precious delivery gown...


Thank you honey for making me the happiest mother-to-be...for everything you do everyday, not just today! We are so grateful to have both of our mom's in our lives... and a very big part of our lives. Aside from presents, the greatest gift they could ever give us is life and we are so glad that we will be able to give back to them in yet another form of life this year: Their first grandson!

4 comments:

  1. I definitely think you are a Mother...and Philip's card is right: It is your first Mother's Day!! What a thoughtful gift from him, and also what you gave your moms. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but be tickled by the gown. You might want to wait and wear it for photos after he's born. I'm pretty sure with both of mine I had to change twice. Labor is icky. No way around it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise you will not care what you look like when he is born! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wont be pushing in this gown.... that I can promise to anyone who has commented on or offline to me abut it.

    This is for before I am in the final stage of labor and after the actual labor.

    I'll let your imagination do the rest :)

    ReplyDelete