Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Foie Gras?

I had been looking forward to dinner at Zebra for two weeks since I made the reservations. This week is Restaurant week in Charlotte.

Picture this....
Handful of restaurants (some of the best of the best in Charlotte)
3 course meal
$30

Sign me up!

Reservations booked up really far in advanced however I was able to snag one for
Zebra and another for Del Frisco's for Friday night (we have a gift certificate too)


Sarah and Jill joined me for dinner.
I was looking forward to this evening all day....my girls and great food.

Fast Forward to our dinner...
We sat down to dinner and had many questions about the French cuisine menu.
One item of contention was the Foie Gras....
Jill guessed what it was and she was right on the dot.

For those that are clueless...as I was:
Foie gras (pronounced /fwɑːˈgrɑː/ in English; French for "fat liver") is "the liver of a duck or a goose that has been specially fattened by gavage" (as defined by French law[1]).
Foie gras is one of the most popular and well-known delicacies in French cuisine and its flavour is described as rich, buttery, and delicate, unlike that of a regular duck or goose liver. Foie gras can be sold whole, or prepared into mousse, parfait, or pâté (the lowest quality), and is typically served as an accompaniment to another food item, such as toast or steak.

Needless to say none of us ordered Foie Gras.
Lobster Bisque, Beef Tenderloin (probably one of the best I had ever had) and Coconut Souffle.
All absolutely delicious.

Although, I didnt appreciate the extra $5 charge for the souffle that they didnt tell me about when I ordered it from their special restaurant week menu. I was about to put up a stink but kept my mouth closed and just enjoyed the lovely evening.

I enjoyed my dinner and thought the food presentation was beautiful.
I don't know if I would go back for dinner and pay the regular high prices, but it was definitely a treat and spending time with Jill and Sarah made it that much better.

Thank you for being my dates and spending the evening with me.

LOVE YOU BOTH LOTS!

2 comments:

  1. It was a fantastic meal with great friends!!! Your dessert was out of this world. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had SUCH a good time! Love you girls so much :)

    ReplyDelete