Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sixty Years Young

Sara (aka Mom) turned 60 on Tuesday!
She is sixty years young. To celebrate Philip and I had a family cook-out at the house and the weather could not have been anymore perfect!

The guys started off the evening with a game of croquet in the backyard...while me and the mom's chatted on the patio, listened to music and ate this fantastic Greek Appetizer that I put together. Layered yogurt dip, hummus, tomatoes, cuc's, green onions, pitted kalamata's and fat free feta.... YUMMMMM! (recipe courtesy of a contest for the magazine Better Homes and Gardens)

Philip tended to the grill. Flank Steak pinwheels filled with spinach, feta cheese or Gorgonzola, bacon (yes...we are bad!) and some Greek seasoning. They looked amazing and tasted pretty darn fantastic. We made these ourselves the night before and let them sit overnight so they would keep their shape! We enjoyed sweet potatoes and salad and flank steak pinwheels.

For dessert I made a blueberry bread pudding, momma Linda brought Tiramasu and Dunker's from Trader Joes. Yummmm....We celebrated Sara's birthday all evening and we all enjoyed spending time together.

Happy Birthday Mom, we love you!

Next week is my parent's 30th anniversary! July is a busy month for celebrating!

Bella on the other hand is in a funk.
She spent the majority of yesterday in my bedroom closet. As you know Bella spends her days sitting next to me in my office in her bed or by my side. She wanted to be IN MY LAP all day yesterday. Something is wrong with her. After searching the whole house in a panic for her yesterday I found her laying in my closet panting.

WE THINK....she is scared from us swatting at flies. UGH....go figure.
This is her favorite position and I can't deny that I don't LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Poor Boo Boo...

2 comments:

  1. HAHA poor Bella.. That is too funny she stays like that! I think i would trip over her!! haha love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is toooooo funny! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete