How far along? 31 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: 16.4 lbs total gain
Maternity clothes? Yes and No. My work out clothes are not maternity and my dresses are mainly not maternity... I am trying not to buy anything more maternity with only a few weeks left!
Stretch marks? Nopers
Sleep: Solid....thankfully sleep is one of the most restful times for me with only 1-2 interruptions for the bathroom a night.
Best moment this week: Lots of sunshine, our 3 year anniversary, finishing the nursery and spending the weekend with friends!
Worst moment this week: The constant pain in my shoulder/upper back and hip/legs. This has caused me to work standing up, sitting on the couch and/or my office chair, laying and even walking while working at times due to discomfort.
Movement: I can now feel actual body parts and can even move them!
Food cravings: anything food...I have noticed an increased appetite in the past two weeks...
Working out: I missed the gym for the first time Sunday as a result of some extreme hip/leg pain. Luckily about 2-3 hours later it went away but the gym was closed then. I am still doing cardio and lifting weights as it keeps me limber and mobile.
Labor Signs: Thankfully No...
Weekly Wisdom: Stay strong, persevere and don't let things you cant control get you down. Maternity leave is right around the corner!
Milestones: We can feel body parts and my tummy is constantly moving. Firmed up Maternity Leave.... I will be out for 12 total weeks.
Looking forward to next week: Passover with our family, maternity photos this weekend... and LOTS OF RELAXING!
Nursery Updates:
Philip was very busy this weekend hanging the nursery light, hanging frames/photos and helping me tidy up the nursery and house in general. He even did some shrub transporting and planting in record time (but, that isn't nursery related!)
The nursery is complete enough to say it's complete....view from the door standing on a stool!
I am still in the process of painting a canvas to go on the wall so you can see that there is a blank canvas in its place. We are still searching for a white framed mirror for another space.....
BUT it is DONE! We only have a few things left to purchase including the monitor which will all happen in due time! enjoy....
I realized this week that I think I can do more than my body is willing/able to do. I need to start listening to my body and just STOP. Philip is helping me realize this and really taking charge of many tasks I might typically do around the house.
We made all of our returns to Babies R Us...which turned into a semi nightmare....Target was a breeze and they let us return stuff we didn't even register for (must have been a system glitch after the nightmares I've heard). As I have previously noted we received many bumbo's. We now know why. Babies R Us has different CPU's for each color bumbo so if someone picks up the wrong color and it isnt the exact one you registered for it wont scan off your registry. They tried to tell us we couldn't return any of the bumbo tray's when they wanted to take back 2 of the 3 bumbo's that were purchased there. Needless to say I turned into bitchy pregnant woman and Philip stepped in before I ripped the little high school girl's head off. We walked away with several items we needed and a large credit....but of cours I forgot to purchase several things so we will be back for more with our completion coupon at some point.
We enjoyed celebrating Jeff' McGinnis' birthday Friday night at Maria Bonita with some Mexican and headed home to work on cleaning our house before company arrived on Saturday. I should've had the cleaning lady come this past week but I am trying to stretch it out....we ended up doing a half decent job. Thankfully she comes THIS Friday.
Saturday morning we had a quick visit from Courtney who was in town with Josh (he was at his weekend Wake Forest MBA program). It was also Josh' 30th birthday! We then hit the gym and ran many errands including two grocery stops in which I left my check card at one of them. Pregnant Brain!
Saturday evening The Plunkett's arrived for an evening of fun family time, good food and lack of sleep (well for them, but not for us) :) We ordered some pizza and sat around catching up and playing with the kids. Hailey fell in love with my newly restored horsey rocker.
Sunday morning I made everyone Belgium Waffles with strawberries, whipped cream...the works! I swear mine looked better than the picture on the box! We headed to the neighborhood park with the kids and the dog and enjoyed the gorgeous sunny warm weather together. We all had fun going up and down the slides (even big ole pregnant me did it - yeah no pictures of that for sure!). After the park we headed to Qdoba for some lunch before they hit the road for nap time with the kids. We had such a wonderful visit and were so glad that Cass, Drew and the kids could come even if it was for a short visit....its never long enough!
Our plan was to run a few errands and go to the gym. We never made it to the gym, but we ran lots of errands. So many errands that my legs almost stopped working. I ended up spending most of the rest of the day sitting and praying my leg/hip pain would go away while Philip slaved away outside planting additional hostas, moving tea olive trees and planting flower's in large pots. I wish I could've joined him because as crazy as it sounds I love working in the yard. My little man has planted his head right on my sciatica nerve and the pain is quite crippling when it is at its worst. When its gone I am back to my old! Prayers for an easier week with less long stretches of sciatica pain....
We enjoyed dinner with our neighbors Paige and Eryn (who we hadn't gotten together with in MONTHS!). It was great to catch up and lay low. Key word.... lay low. I need to do this MORE.


Wow, Renee, you had a busy but productive weekend! Girl, the nursery looks like it was straight out of a magazine! It is beautiful!!!! Asher will enjoy it so much, and you will too as you rock him in that chair:)
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you were able to spend some time with Cassidy this weekend. It sounds like you guys had such a good time!
And yes, it is amazing that Target was easier to work with than Babies R Us. I DID NOT have that experience... Enjoy spending your credit at both places though!!!
Only a few more weeks- praying for you!
It was great meeting you on Sunday!! I seriously felt like I was meeting celebrities! You look great, and the nursery is gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteHip pain is the worst! Glad to hear you're taking it easy. But it's not the easiest thing to do when you're the kind of person that is used to getting up and going a lot!
ReplyDeleteYou still look great, even in your "tired" pictures. I'm ready to head down the home stretch myself! Take care these last few weeks!
I need that picture of her! Too cute! And no, this post doesn't read anything that explains Laying Low...which you should be doing!!! Yes, listen to your body, yes, skip the gym for a nap, yes, say no to anything you don't feel like doing. He'll be here SOOO soon!
ReplyDeletecute belly! and cute nursery!
ReplyDelete