Tuesday, March 10, 2009

All things baby!

Oh baby baby....

This weekend was our first baby shower. It is real. I can't believe it. In less than 13 weeks I will not only be a mommy but I will be holding my baby in my own very arms. The morning of the baby shower Philip surprised me with a balloon and corsage (so thoughtful of him). Both of our mom's, Eliza, Grandma Pearl, Aunt Diane and Aunt Janice threw us a beautiful baby shower. All of our family and family friends were invited and it was quite a party. Unfortunately, Grandma and Janice came down with the flu and were not able to make it however there love was there in spirit.


The shower was hosted at the Brookhaven Club House (which is amazing!). Eliza's fiance Rich played the piano for the first half and hour as everyone arrived and socialized. It was such a special touch and I can not thank him enough! Chef Lori from the Temple catered the brunch and the food was delicious (as always). The weather was so gorgeous we were able to leave the front doors to the club house open the entire shower....so lovely.



We were so blessed. We got so many wonderful wonderful things for our little man.
Some noteable things are:
· 4 bumbo seats and 4 bumbo trays (all at one shower thanks to the lovely and crappy registry systems at both Babies R' Us and Target)

· My horse rocker from almost 30 years ago that my mom had refinished and a new mane and tail replaced to match the nursery. It also came with a horse riding hand knitted blanket. I almost died.... this gift is so special to me.


· Philip's mezzuzah, baby rattle, tooth brush and comb

· A hand knitted blanket from Susan Coen to match our nursery and boo boo bunnies

· The Medela Breast pump and Svan High Chair that I am obsessed with


· TONS OF BOOKS (which we LOVE!)


· My all time favorite outfit from my sister....but I am waiting to post a photo of Asher in it!
...just to name a few!

Thank you to everyone for an absolutely wonderful shower. We are so thankful to have you in our lives. Please enjoy the slideshow from the shower







Belly update: 27 weeks... 3rd trimester. Thanks to my newly positioned (anterior) placenta I have really popped out. You are pretty much staring at my placenta and not necessarily my baby. But it does make me stick out a lot more and I am indeed POINTY looking. I love my growing belly. Strangely enough I love when people touch it. I love when people ask about my pregnancy. I love spreading the word that pregnancy CAN be pleasant and that you can LOVE IT.

I was so excited when the weather warmed up so that I no longer had to bundle up and hide it! I even laid out in the backyard for some much needed Vitamin D.

For the remainder of the pregnancy I am going to complete this Survey as my belly update to keep you updated on all things belly, baby and pregnancy:

How far along? 27 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: last time we checked 12.6 lbs...but I can promise you its at least 2 more lbs since then because that was 2 weeks ago!
Maternity clothes? Yes... or long tops. I mostly spend my time in yoga pants these days but am looking forward to spring dresses and skirts. I got a taste of that this weekend.
Stretch marks? Nope and rubbing Palmer's daily! Purtty tummy.
Sleep: Like a Brick. I get up to go to the bathroom 1-2 times a night....and the frequency is picking up as I am further along. I always need a sip of water after I use the restroom.
Best moment this week: My first baby shower and seeing our little man on the 3d/4d
Worst moment this week: Getting upset/stressed about some things I have no control over. Thanks to my wonderful husband he was able to quickly turn my outlook around and cheer me up. (Which he has been exceptionally great at lately!)
Movement: All day long. Rolling, kicking, punching, turning. He does not wake me up though...which I am thankful for.
Food cravings: milk, dove chocolate (1 piece), chicken divan and sushi.
Gender prediction: This won't change. For sure a BOY :)
Labor Signs: thank goodness no :) Stay in there for at lesat another 12 weeks little man!
Belly Button in or out? Still in. I am really unsure what is going to happen with my belly button. It looks like it could go. It definitely is sore and he pushes on it constantly!
Wedding rings on or off? Still on...I lost enough weight pre-pregnancy that they were quite large so I think I will be ok wearing them the entire time.
Weekly Wisdom: Let go of the things I have no control over. Be Thankful for all of life's blessings.
Milestones: 3d/4d ultrasound, constant movement inside and out and plans for matenrity pictures during week 31 with Nicole!
Looking forward to next week: Possibly getting a new car... my mommy SUV, Honda Pilot!

Nursery Updates:

Philip ran to Ikea this weekend while we had Eliza's SUV to pick up the bookcase just in time for all of the books to arrive. All we are missing is our light fixture (that black lamp has got to go) and drapes which should be ready this weekend!

Frames I made for the Nursery

Moquito Mobile

Homemade Lamps and Frame, Ikea stand

After the weekend was over we sat back to take it all in. What a whirlwind! Philip looked at me and said, "I'm done with baby stuff for the weekend." Oh boy.... is in he for a surprise in 12 weeks. ALL BABY BABY haha. But in all seriousness. Philip has been PHENOMENAL. He has been going OUT of his way to do things for me without thinking twice. I know I have not been easy to deal with but he has been wonderful despite my moodiness!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I loved hearing about your shower and all your gifts. And the frames you made were so cute! He will have one of the best looking nurseries around!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun and got some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! What a special event! Asher has the best looking nursery around :).

    ReplyDelete