Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back to the sweets...

I had my glucose test today.
I am not afraid to admit that I actually liked the drink and would've downed it in one gulp if I didn't have a "drip" from my weekend cold.

I am pretty sure I passed. I feel like I am in high school again... pass or fail... then re-test.

While we were in the lobby waiting we met this woman who was very attractice and very pregnant. She initiated conversation asking, "How far along are you?"... I reciprocated with the same generic question ...
5 minutes into the conversation....THIS WOMAN IS BIRTHING HER 13th BABY!
She has 13 kids from 22-3 yrs old and is due in 3 weeks. Oh mi!
That was the last thing she said to us as my name was called and I headed back to the scale for my appointment.

The scale was my friend. Despite what I thought (5+lbs in 3 weeks).... I actually only gained 1 lb in 3 weeks. So much for my intuition.

Almost 29 weeks and up 13 1/2 lbs total.
Philip wasnt pleased. He is convinced Asher is going to be a runt. Im pretty confident he is going to be a big baby. I was huge, a chunker in fact, a very cute chunker. Our OB was hysterical listening to the two of us go back and forth. She says, "You are doing great, keep it up!" ... I like her....sorry honey.

So back to my sweets I go.... I heart you Dove Dark Chocolate eggs.
My new favorite is Dark Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas from Trader Joe's.
Go run and buy you a box. 4 for under $2. Under 150 calories. Delicious.

1 comment:

  1. try the dark chocolate jo-joes! they are soooo good; ok, they are 150 calories per cookie, but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete