Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Celebrate...

I am dying for the warm weather, sunshine and working in the yard...even though I am sure by the time it warms up I will barely be able to bend down.

On Thursday we had a break in the rain and I decided to go out and weed the yard. We did a pretty good job last year killing off all of the weeds so there wasnt much to do other than throughout the landscaping but it was the perfect time to weed and get my hands dirty while I can still bend over. Philip fertilized the lawn AFTER I weeded and all of our beautiful green grass is starting to pop up through the ugly straw like grass we have now.

We had lots to celebrate this weekend....
Friday was my 28th birthday and Philip and I took the day off to be together and also celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary which is April 1st. We woke up bright and early and hit the gym. Wow... I had so much energy working out in the morning compared to the afternoons...too bad I can't do that every day! We then enjoyed brunch together at City Tavern and headed to Voci Spa for our massages. I indulged in a prenatal deep massage that was amazing and Philip had a deep tissue massage as well. It was POURING all day but we really didnt care because the day was about spending time together. We were suppoesd to go the Discovery Place (museum) but we were running late and we didnt want to cheat oursevles on the experience. Philip had other plans in mind and didnt tell me till we pulled up outside of David's Ltd (family jeweler) to show me what he had picked out for my birthday, anniversary gift. I've been eyeing several things lately since this is a big year and he doesnt typically buy jewelery ... but figured none of it would materialize since again this a big year that is costing us a fortune. yeah yeah... babies aren't cheap. we know.

Philip had secretly gone into the store a few days before and made a list of what he liked and wanted to show me. We definitely had different things in mind but with every marriage comes compromise and I was just thrilled he actually put so much thought into it all.

So what was the compromise? I really wanted diamond studs (nothing big) or a David Yurman ring with a small thin tiny band of diamonds...(did I need either of these...NO, of course not). Philip had something else in mind.

A watch... a very special watch after I heard the scoop on it (see below).....and of course the watch has very small diamonds on the face. Just enough to make it memorable and not too bling! I have to admit. Im not a watch person. Have never worn one...but this watch is a beauty. This is the exact watch I walked out of the store with. I also have a quilted band and will get a rubber one for when I am bathing Asher. The bands are interchangeable. Did I ever think I was going to be getting a watch? No....but, Philip is so excited that he picked it out and purchased it for me... and that makes it the most special birthday/anniversary/everything gift possible.

PLUS...check out all of the amazing benefits and features....

PHILIP STEIN FREQUENCY-BASED TIMEPIECES. Philip Stein has become a leader in mind-body wellness by integrating frequency-based technologies into luxury timepieces. The watches help balance the body’s energy flow, sometimes referred to as "Chi." Philip Stein wearers report better sleep, less stress, and an overall sense of well-being as some of the benefits they feel. Oprah has it on her favorite things list...not that it really matters but I thought that was cool.

We ran home to greet my sis, future bro in-law and best friend Andrea who had spent the day driving in from D.C. We all freshened up and headed to my favorite sushi restaurant Yama for dinner. Let's just say we ate a TON of sushi....Here is a photo of the sushi boat before we realized there was roe on it (which I can't eat) and we had to send it back. The dinner was delicious and we all had a blast!

I was pretty exhausted by this point but made one final special outing to 131 Main on East to see Jason who was in town visiting form Michigan (he just moved there a few months ago for a new job). It was great to see him for a short quick visit before we headed home to crash!

I woke up bright and early on Saturday so we could drive to Raleigh for my final and 3rd baby shower. Anne (who was in New Zealand), Eliza, Courtney, Andrea and Cassie could not have made the baby shower more special. It was located at this precious French restuarant, Coquette in North Hills. It stopped raining long enough for them to open the door/windows along side the restuarant. The interior of the restaurant was gorgeous and the food was rich and delicious. They served a beet salad or seasonal salad, crepes or two different fluffy quiches (vegetable and ham and cheese) Everything as perfect. This shower was so special to me because I got to see so many people I rarely see now that I live in Charlotte. Andrea was in from D.C., Liz came in from Chicago and several friends I havent seen in months to years came to celebrate It was such a memorable afternoon and we were blessed with so many wonderful gifts...and some more homemade things :)




The entire drive home it poured. I was ready to crawl into bed when we got home, but my mind had other ideas...like nesting. Philip had picked up the drapes earlier in the day and I was determined we were going to hang them, go through all of the gifts, make return piles, organize ourselves, figure out what else we needed now that the showers were over, start washing clothes, burp cloth's, sheets, sheet savers.....and the list goes on. I was dead tired and aching, but my mind was swirling... Finally we crashed way past our bed times..... Photos will follow....

What a weekend! The shower madness is over and I now have a little under 10 weeks to relax and enjoy my pregnancy without running around with my head cut off.

I am going to skip the belly survey this week. We have our first two week check up this Friday. Lots of growth going on and I finally felt body parts inside of me this week. My little guy is non stop all of the time and I couldnt love it more...

1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend! I loved the day that you and Philip spent together for your birthday/annivesary! And the pictures from your shower were so cute! Looks like you guys had a great time- I am so sorry that we had other plans and I couldn't make it!

    Can't wait to see the pictures of the nursery!

    ReplyDelete