Monday, March 16, 2009

Matzo Ball Soup, Cough Drops and Cars

It all started off with a sore throat....
Then it moved to a hacking wheezing cough...which always happens to me because I had whopping cough years ago....
Then it kept me up all night - sitting straight up....(fun times when your 7+ months pregnant!)
Now I'd like to call this "semi sick". Really its not all that bad. But for someone that despises being sick and has avoided getting sick like the plague during my pregnancy this blows. I am anti medicine to top it off. Class A, Class C, Class X. I don't care. UNLESS I get desperate. I am not there yet.
So I am typing and sucking on Vitamin C and Sugar Free Lemon-Mint Oral Pain Reliever Throat Drops (Since I have my Glucose test this week). I'm drinking decaf hot tea like its my job and downing bowls of matzo ball soup (that I MADE!). I think I am right at the end. My body is draining (sounds pleasant doesnt it?). I am still working out because I am convinced that is how I am going to sweat all of the toxins out and I think its working. I'm going to beat this cold in under 4 days from beginning to end.

*******

Aside from getting sick we got a NEW CAR THIS WEEKEND!!!!! We have been talking about getting this car for over a year. We always lease one car and own another. My lease was going to be up in 30 days so it was time to make the move. Perfect timing with the down turn of the car industry/economy. The car gods were on our side.

We negotiated ourselves out of our last month of my beloved 2006 Honda Accord (which honestly I LOVED) and into a brand spanking new 2009 Honda Pilot. It was quite a deal especially since we looked 9 months ago and then again 3 months ago and the price wouldve been much more, even on an 08. My payment barely went up but the size of our car GREW! Here she is in all her glory. Someone in our family locally FINALLY owns an SUV - and it's US! No more mooching off our friends to pick things up at Home Depot or Lowe's- HALLELUYAH!

Our Pilot is this exact color with Tan interior :)


3 comments:

  1. hope you feel better...a new car should lift your spirits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Hondas in our family! I'm sure you'll love your Pilot. We have an Odyssey and an Accord and wouldn't trade them for anything! I had a different Accord when Lane was first born and about killed my back getting him to the middle with the car seat. So much better with the bigger vehicle. AND I hope you feel better soon. There's nothing worse than being sick while pregnant. I hope it leaves quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are sick! But sounds like you are doing all the right things!

    And congratulations on having a Honda Pilot. I had one before making the switch to a mini-van and loved it! It is a great car that can fit so many people and so much stuff! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine!!!

    ReplyDelete