Thursday, July 16, 2009

Announcing...

Oh yeah... we had a baby...

Here is the announcement that went out 2 weeks after Asher was born.
I decided I wanted to take the photo to use on the announcement and design them myself. 
My wonderful neighbor Miguel helped teach me how to carry out my vision in Photoshop. We designed them several weeks before I was due and when Asher was born Miguel patiently waited for the photo and the information before before he sent them off to his commercial printer. I was over prepared. Before I was due I stamped and addressed all 175+ envelopes to be stuffed once the announcements were printed. 

It was a 5x7 card with a glossy finish.
We love the way they came out and they were a STEAL OF A DEAL!



3 comments:

  1. super cute! i love the font his name is in... do you remember what it's called? and yes, i am very blessed with happy baby. don't worry about Asher though... he will be showing you real smiles any day now if he hasn't already. :) Ethan's first real one was at 5 and a half weeks, and I think that's right where you are, so keep an eye out! (and in the meantime, enjoy the fart smiles hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your birth announcement and am so impressed that you did it yourself!

    ReplyDelete