Monday, July 13, 2009

Our travels...

I'm a slacker.
Or just a busy and overwhelmed first time mom trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to do now that two potential nannies have fallen through...
Yeah, find another one.
Someone is out there that doesnt want more for part time care than someone else wants for full time.
Is it that hard to find someone for 3 days a week that isnt going to cost me more than day care would full time? YUP.We are 100% positive based on our research what we are looking for is reasonable and possible.
You would think people need work these days?

Mary Poppins is out there and I know it will all work out in due time.
Patience... (update: I began writing this post on Monday, its now almost Thursday and I am getting it published... go figure, slacker again! The good news is I think we have figured out a nanny situation...details coming soon. There is a god!)

Anyway ... I must catch you up on an overdue/late post.

Asher is already a world traveler.
At the mere age of 2 weeks and 4 days he traveled via plane to Chicago to attend Ben and Lisa's wedding. Ben is one of Philip's best friends from his childhood (and even practically lived at his house for several months growing up) and we just couldnt imagine missing this wedding. Softa and Papu went with us and we honestly couldnt have made it without them on this trip...(reasons why are not blog appropriate, but needless to say my recovery from my delivery was less than pleasant).

In the Charlotte airport waiting for our plane!


Let's just say he was a peach. A very sweet one at that.
He was perfect. Slept anytime we were in the prescense of anyone and barely made a noise on the plane. We couldn't have been more lucky and he came home perfectly healthy, 
No Swine Flu.

The Levine Family at the Rehersal Dinner


Our new Family at the Rehersal Dinner


Touring Chicago with Softa and Papu!


Funny side note: Try outs for "The Biggest Loser" were going on at NBC outside our hotel. Actually not funny. Really sad.

While there we got to have brunch with Liz who is a friend that I grew up with in Raleigh and Philip and I both have known for over 10 years. She and her husband live in Chicago and it was awesome to see her. Asher especially liked her.


We had a great time... Unfortunately due to my sickness from delivery complications, Philip's time being consumed with wedding activities and having a 2 1/2 week old... we will definitely be going back to really enjoy Chicago at a later date. We felt we didn't get to explore nearly enough of the city and what it has to offer. The weather was AMAZING. Perfect temps, sunny skies. I am already, ready to make another visit...but we are broke :)      

Let the wedding weekend begin!
The Bride and Groom
               
Four Course Dinner!

Softa and Papu (our lifesaver's on the trip!)

Our new family at the reception on the River!

The "must have" best friend photo. 
Ben and Philip have been best friends since elementary school and we have a similar photo from our wedding with the roles reversed!

Asher's precious seer sucker polo outfit... and monogrammed satin shoes that Gin Gin bought him for his Bris. This was Asher during the wedding ceremony!

Mommy with Asher right before his blow out diaper which forced us to change his outfit...

Clean outfit...some how we managed to match my outfit and the back up outfit/sling! Genius!

The gorgeous view at our hotel of the River

We were so thankful to have made this trip to Chicago and witness Ben and Lisa's wedding!

1 comment: